[Install instruction for the big zip]
Install instruction for the big zip
You got it!
This is a first pre-beta release, it works great on Windows, Linux and Mac.
Please mail every bug to the mailing list of the project.
Steps for installation:
- Save this html page for future reference and for Bug Reporting
- Get your Squeak 2.8VM from Squeak main site: http://www.squeak.org Daitanmarks is not tested with Squeak 2.9/3.0. If you are not a wizard of Squeak, please use the Squeak2.8! If you like to edit the code, download the SqueakV2.sources
- Download the fullImage.zip. You will get the Comanche Swiki Beta 11 as a bonus.
- Install Squeak 2.8 in a folder called daitanmarks
- Unzip the zip file in the daitanmarks folder(AboutMac)
- Launch SqueakVM (Mac and Windows: doubleclicking on the VM icon; Linux: launch squeak excutable)
- You will get a workspace and a yellow launcher called "DaitanMarks ComSwiki Launcher"
- Click on "start" on the Launcher. For more information see About_the_Launcher
- Wait until the launch console got a Red button.
- Go to http://localhost:8080/daitanamarks and start enjoy!
Note: If you have a very slow machine, the startup procedure my take a little.
The "DaitanMarks ComSwiki Launcher" is derived from ComSwiki.
You can choose the port, I will suggest you 8080.
For more information on ComSwiki go to http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki
Bug Report is very important in every stage.
So PLEASE report bugs to the mailing list specifying:
- Your O.S. type and version (i.d. Linux 2.X.y or Windooze2000)
- The Error you get.
- You idea about the bug (for example if it is a Squeak bug or so on).
- The DaitanMark version
Note: I know Squeak 3.0 is out of there. But I haven't yet tested it with daitanmarks.Worst I have not tested the code whith the last swiki, If you are a strong and big squeaker (bigger than my home cat ;) try it and report me every problem/idea.
About unzipping on mac.
Please note you must unzip the files, obtaining this directory structure:
If you use StuffitExpander, you need to manually rearrange folders!